Shasta & Nomad

Shasta & Nomad

Friday, May 9, 2014

Vintage Nomad Travel Trailer - Day 1

Today started out just like any other day. The sun came up and I sat and I sat and I sat. Since my sister, the Shasta Loflyte, left I have been sitting here alone for a little over a week with no one to talk to. Now I got you guys!! I  am what one would call a possible diamond in the rough. Jury is still out until 99 gets into me. Anyway, it was in the mid 80's for the first time this year which tells me it's coming on camping season here on this side of the country. I'm waiting and hoping it happens for me again.

Then a blazer pulled in! It was 99 and along with her was Brady, her daughter's boyfriend, Justine, her daughter and this little short guy they called Mason. Seems they showed up at 99's and wanted to know how bad she wanted another trailer in her driveway, cause they were willing to go on a hauling adventure. So she agreed. She wants me bad! I knew something was in the air way over here, because the sky opened up and it started pouring down rain the second they got here! Go figure! 

I just so happen to have two flat tires. So, 99 and Brady worked on getting the old ones off and tried to put on new ones. Unfortunately, they had the wrong size with them. So they took off one of my old ones and took it to a station to see if it would hold air. It kinda does and it is not a long trip home, but it will need to be replaced. Trouble was getting me jacked up to get the tires on and off.  I was really low to the ground sitting on these flats. Of course, I was already jacked up myself! I am excited! I'm going places! 

It was wet, cold, muddy and the jacks sunk in the ground. They had to find wood to put on the ground under the jacks and then carefully lift me up. The little short guy, who I think is a three year old, kept yelling "don't crash my house!" from the back of the blazer. He does not like to go out in the rain and wind ever since a big gust came and blew away his Ahma's patio table umbrella and all. She had to go out running after it before it hit the neighbors house and all Mason could do was hollor from the back gliding door for her to "cooooome baaaaack". Left a real impression that probably won't go away any time soon. Ahma is Masonese for Oma, which is german for Grandma which is what Mason calls 99. You got all that?  Apparently, Mason thinks the trailers 99 brings home to repair are his houses for the time they stay and I am the latest addition to the places he has made his little homes when he comes to visit. Justine was not feeling  well, but she was a real trooper about the whole thing. Brady had no fear at all! The sun was going down, so it was decided that they will come back tomorrow first thing in the morning with tires from 99's place and haul me home in the daylight. 

So, today may have started out like any other day, but it sure did not end that way. You never know what difference a day can make.  I just know tomorrow is gonna be different. Before they left, 99 inspected me on the inside. She looked me over when she first came to see my sister and myself, but just had to take a closer look, especially since it rained. I think she is going to start believing in Santa Claus and the tooth fairy again. She checked me all over for leaks and was absolutely amazed at the condition of my wood on the inside. I am dirtier than the little guy, who was eating a hot dog smothered in ketchup followed by some cheesies, but you won't believe how great I look. 99 is just itching to get at me. I will show you some pictures soon. For now, here is one of me getting jacked up in the pouring down rain. Yeah, I was nervous!

Timberrrrrrrrr.....tee hee!


And just for kicks here is one of the little guy. I think we are going to be pretty tight once we get to know each other better. Besides, he shares in 99's love for us old trailers!

I am going to dreamland now. I plum wore myself out with all the excitement and tomorrow I have to be up bright and early to make the trip from the west side of the city to the east side. Need my rest for sure! Talk to you soon! 

P.S. Never stop believing in a brighter tomorrow no matter how much rain you get!

No comments:

Post a Comment