Shasta & Nomad

Shasta & Nomad

Saturday, May 10, 2014

The little vintage Nomad here! I made it to the east side! It was a chore let me tell you. 99 and Brady got the tires changed and they towed me home with no plates and no lights. Rebels! Justine navigated and Mason kept us all entertained. I didn't sway at all. Figured I better behave after what they went through. I really don't have much time to get into detail but I know I have one human friend and a trailer friend named Toaster out there way over in Florida waiting for more pics so here they are. This is me upon arrival.

Kitchen:


 Original light.
 No leaks at the seams where they usually are!


 I got lots of dirt I have been saving for years!
 My counter was painted orange and then sticky papered over that. 

 I have had some mouse friends as boarders.

Curbside closet

 There is a bracket on both sides of the back couch/fold out bed where tables fit in place.
 Inside my closet.
 More original lighting.
 Thermostat control.


Street side cupboards and fridge






The rear...


 Looks like only surface damage to the rear wall where the window leaked. 
 There is the little man checking out his latest house...he wasn't able to hang out until I was cleaner, but he just had to see me. He really loved his old house, Daryll B. Aday and couldn't understand why he had to go. 99 explains that each trailer has to move on and another will take it's place. Maybe someday they will have their own. Just not yet.











The bathroom...











Tables in tact!


By the time 99 got me all cleaned out...there wasn't much time left. But she took advantage of what we had left of the day and she decided to remove all my cabinet handles and wash them. Then she moved on to my kitchen. Luckily it is not a big kitchen to remodel. 

Doors were removed, aluminum trim removed around sink and edges, old counter top was removed. The faucet has to come out but that's a teeny space to get under and it was getting late so it will wait. My bathroom door was also removed because that is what will probably be next.






This bucket is loaded with dirty parts that need to be cleaned.


This is my old heater. 99 is debating on whether to remove it and turn it into storage with shelves or restore it.  Time will tell on that one.





My floor is in great condition except at the door. It needs a major cleaning and after the photos were taken I was shop vacuumed and bleached. Gonna need a good scrub down but that will wait until we are closer to the finish line. The tiles are in great shape overall. 



On the way home, the little man, Mason didn't seem to actually realize what was happening until he looked behind him in the blazer. Wide eyed with wonder he said "Look, my house is behind us. We didn't leave it there.".  Doctor Blaine also kept in touch for the long ride home checking in on my status the whole way. We made it and I am here with my sister Loo Loo right now. Looking at the changes in her in just a week I have some pretty high hopes for myself. Besides that, every now and then a trailer hits a soft spot for 99. She loves them all, but certain ones she goes all gaga over. I am one of those. I already know. Yeah, I am not much to look at right now, but she sees something in me that's special. It's obvious she gets all warm and fuzzy inside when she is around me. I feel the vibe! 99 talks to her trailers while she works on them and before she finished tonight she told me she has just got to think of an appropriate name. She has one name all saved up for her very own keeper trailer, if that day ever comes, but every name should be special. She is still waiting for it to come to her. Feel free to send suggestions! 

It's that time. Lights out, all is quiet and dark. Sleepy time to dream of better days ahead. We hope you have them too! Talk to you soon trailer fan friends! Good night.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, what a beauty! What amazing shape for a trailer that's been sitting so long. Can't wait to see what the guru of travel trailer restorations does to you. And we will try to come up with an interesting name, because you can't go nameless. You have to have an identity to go along with your new life. Love getting to know you through all the pictures, and will look forward to your transformation into something more beautiful than you already are. Keep the faith! You're in the best hands you could possibly be in.

    Your Florida Pals,
    Gary & Toaster

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this handsome fellow! I can't wait to see him again! ♡
    You do a great job renovating these beauties!

    ReplyDelete