Shasta & Nomad

Shasta & Nomad

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Shasta Loflyte Loo Loo - Day six

Hello vintage trailer fans! Loo Loo the Loflyte here to give you some more updates. The last couple of days have been spent tightening up my loose ends. Speaking of ends, I guess we should start with my rear end! It is all built back up now and trimmed as well. 99 did not paint the wood and will leave that up to the new owners to do according to their own tastes. Here are some pics...
Before...




Today...








The rear shelf was rebuilt and trimmed and the back rest wall was also rebuilt. My walls are mostly trimmed up. 99 started to work on the curtains and she may or may not get to finishing them before I go to my new home. There is just so much to be done and let me tell you something....we are TIRED! But it's a good tired. My upper bunk is back in place too. Ironman stopped and helped with this. It is a lot easier with four hands! When 99 tried to do it alone she actually got to the point of laying down underneath it on the bed and pushing one side up over the rail with her feet and trying to finagle the other side up over it's rail with her hands. Can you picture it? That's when she decided she better come back down to earth and wait for someone to show up to help! 

When that was done 99 took a look at me and decided to do a little staging. I did not look warm and cozy enough and sometimes a visual of what I could look like helps people to realize I do have potential. So, she did a little decorating! When I go to my new home they will get the curtains and the old cushions if they want them but they can decorate me however they want to. I think decorating was the most fun we have had so far and we are both pleased with how bright, cheery and happy I look now. Seriously, check out these before and afters and tell me I am not capable of being a real beauty queen...
















99 found this picture and she hung it up where it can be seen when you walk in the door. We think it's downright fitting...
"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart." - Helen Keller

Tomorrow, weather permitting, I may get a bath and have some work done on my exterior. Sometimes my door sticks a little bit and that needs attention. My wings need to be put back up too and a lens put back on one of my lights. You who have restored know it just never seems to end! Happily, the hardest work is done!



My lights are all original, my plate holder is there, My original door handle is present and accounted for. All of my windows open and close nicely and none of the panes are broken or cracked. My tires will need to be replaced. My hitch is in great condition as is my frame. Roof is nice looking too! I have been full of nice surprises, that is what 99 keeps saying!


So now, 99 will do some more work to me while I wait for my new family to realize they are in love with me and put me back on the road again. She will also enjoy hanging out in me a bit before I go and as always she will have one dinner in me before I move on just like she does with every trailer that she spends time with. . She has a hard time sitting still and my brother the Nomad has not arrived yet so who knows what else will change or be improved upon until then. 

Well, time for me to say goodnight! Wish me luck vintage trailer fans and thanks for being a part of this great journey. Be sure to tune in again....my brother will be here very soon! Now that might be a whole different ball game but always one worth playing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment